2023 Merchant Vendor Application
Guidelines & Requirements
PLEASE NOTE: We require all forms to be completed and payments to be made using our new online system.
No exceptions will be made as our volunteer support staff can no longer handle manual hard copies of applications and payments by mail.
PLEASE DO NOT MAIL ANY FORMS OR PAYMENTS TO US VIA MAIL! ALL PAPER SUBMISSIONS WILL BE RETURNED AT OUR CONVENIENCE AND MAY NOT BE HANDLED UNTIL AFTER THE EVENT CONCLUDES.
All electronically submitted forms will be prioritized based on when they are received.
- Applications (with payment) received by August 1, 2023 will be given preference
- All applications with payment must be received by September 1, 2023
- No refunds will be issued, the event will be held rain or shine and we encourage you to plan for hot or inclement weather
- Vendors are not allowed to tear down at the end of the first night
- Vendor booths must be staffed at all times during the vendor hours listed on this form. VENDORS MUST REMAIN OPEN UNTIL 8PM FRI & SAT!
- Vendors will be allotted space in a designated area
- The Burnsville Festival & Fire Muster Board of Directors reserves the right to limit the number/nature of vendors
- The Burnsville Festival & Fire Muster is a family and community event—Inappropriate behavior, business practices or communicating messages not consistent with the purpose and mission stated above, will not be tolerated. If a vendor is asked to leave, their deposit will be forfeited
- Vendors may not sell or bring onto festival grounds any explosives, fireworks, animals, or alcoholic beverages
All vendors must:
- Have a valid Minnesota Tax ID number
- Complete a Minnesota Form ST-19, regardless if you are selling goods or services
- Carry commercial general liability insurance to cover claims for bodily injury and property damage
- Coverage required is a minimum of $1,000,000 combined single limits per occurrence and $2,000,000 annual aggregate
- Proof is required of liability insurance listing the Burnsville Festival & Fire Muster as an “additional insured” party
- Liability insurance must be carried during the entirety of the event and is subject to re-verification
- Supply their own equipment, including tents, weights (no tent staking permitted), lights, tables, trailers, extension cords, power strips, power adapters, chairs, safety rope, cleaning materials, etc. You may use a quiet personal generator; if it becomes too noisy for neighboring vendors, you may be asked to limit its use
In addition to the items listed above, new vendors must:
- Submit a photograph of your booth setup
- Submit a photograph and description of items for sale or services being advertised
- Download and fill out the following form: ST19 – You will be required to scan and upload this form with other documents and full payment of fees to complete your application process.
- Once you have submitted all required documents and paid your fees, you will receive a confirmation email. Await further details, which will be sent by email in August; any changes in the details included on this form will be outlined in that communication.
- As noted above- We no longer accept mailed or hand delivered hard copies of applications and payments!
- FRIENDLY REMINDER- We will not accept applications after September 1st! Please make sure to submit ALL COMPLETED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS no later than Sep 1, 2023.
Merchant Vendor Fees
- Wednesday night (limited spots available): $75/space
- Thursday night (limited spots available): $50/space
- Wed & Thu Electrical- Limited 110 outlets- First Come First Served. You must provide your own generator if no outlets are available.
- Friday / Saturday: $150/space. NOTE: We offer a $25 discount if 2 spaces rented, $50 off if 3 spaces rented. Price in cart will automatically be adjusted.
- Electricity: $50/space – Only 110 outlets are offered for Merchant booths. If you need higher power needs, please contact Margaret to discuss.
- Wednesday 5:00 p.m.—8:00 p.m. (Nicollet Commons Park)
- Thursday 5:00 p.m.—8:00 p.m. (Nicollet Commons Park)
- Set-up: Wed & Thu 3:00 p.m.—4:30 p.m.
- Friday 5:00 p.m.—10:00 p.m. (Civic Center Park Festival Grounds)
- Saturday 11:00 a.m.—10:00 p.m. (Civic Center Park Festival Grounds)
- Set-up: Friday 12:00 p.m.—3:00 p.m.*
- Teardown: Saturday 11:30 p.m.—12:30 a.m.*
*Due to other events taking place on the festival grounds, this is the only time vendor vehicles will be permitted on the festival grounds. Vendors may tear down between 10 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. on Saturday night, but they will not be able to drive on the festival grounds until permitted.
This application is an invitation to participate and does not guarantee participation at the event
To the extent permitted by law, all vendors agree to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless, the Burnsville Fire Muster & Community Celebration 501C4 non-profit organization, its Board of Directors and members/volunteers; and the City of Burnsville and its elected officials, employees, agents and volunteers against all claims, losses, damages to persons or property and cost (including attorney’s fees) arising out of or connected with the event, including but not limited to, the installation, removal, maintenance, occupancy or use of park premises or a part thereof, except those claims arising out of the sole negligence or willful misconduct of the festival Volunteers.
While the Committee of the Burnsville Fire Muster & Community Celebration 501C4 non-profit will make every effort to produce a successful festival, they cannot warrant the level of attendance, weather conditions, sales, or any circumstances beyond their control.
Margaret Garvey, Vendor Chair and Burnsville Festival & Fire Muster Board Member
Vendors@BurnsvilleFireMuster.org | 952-564-8282